The Welly-moot, in association with The One Room Fan Museum, presents:
- Walk to Rivendell, 2018 -
We've got a fun event coming up for everyone - another visit to Rivendell in Upper Hut's Kaitoke Park. We haven't met there as a group since the official opening of the Elven Archway, courtesy of LOTR Tour operator Ted Guise. I personally haven't been there for over a year, and I feel like a good walk! Who will join us?
Here's the plan:
- Meet at the Kaitoke Forks Carpark (by the swing-bridge), at 10:00am
- Adjust costumes (Hell yes! In costume through the rainforest!)
- At 10:15 or so, we cross the swing-bridge, and walk the main track. It'll take about 30-45 minutes, although possibly a bit longer depending on costume.
- The end of the walk will get us to the Rivendell grassy lawn, where we unpack our picnics
- After the picnic, all join for a Welly-moot group photo by the Archway.
The final plans will be published here as the time comes closer, so check back here often. Please share on your social media as well - the more the merrier!
In the meantime, here's a few photos from the original opening, to whet your appetites.
|Fish-eye lenses are awesome|
|The event was well-attended!|
|The last stragglers on the path|
|Four heroes, ready for battle|
|The professor himself, and Lord Elrond|
|Where there's a picnic, there'll always be hobbits|
|Using Legolas' White Knives as picnic cutlery? Sure, why not!|
|Looks like meat's back on the menu. We don't want to exclude anyone. Baby-food anyone?|
|Alex on the bridge with Gandalf. She did pass.|